Everyone needs some gold in their makeup around Christmas time, and what better way than with a golden brown smoky eye? You can pair it with a nude lip or if you are feeling really festive, a red lip! There are so many products available to choose from to create something like this, especially with the Christmas collections so anyone can achieve it. I am going to take you through the process it took me to get this look and show you the products that I used:
- First of all, I took the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze and used my finger to blend a thin layer of this over the lid as a base for the rest of the eyeshadow.
- Next I took Woodwinked eyeshadow from MAC which is a gorgeous shimmery gold, and I swept this about two thirds of the way over my lid up to the socket line. Once I had done this, I took a blending brush and blended the top line of the shadow so there were no harsh edges.
- The final eyeshadow I used was the Nars eyeshadow in Galapagos (review here) and packed this on the outer third of my lid and slightly above my socket line. I blended the shadow so a slight ‘V’ shape was created on the outer corners and then went back in with the same shadow to deepen the colour at the lash line. The key here is to keep blending and then adding colour until you are happy with what it looks like.
- Then I went back with Woodwinked and took this underneath the eye, into my inner corners and along the lashline.
- Next I took Galapagos with an angled brush and placed this in the outer corner of my lower lash line.
- For eye liner, I didn’t want anything too harsh so I used MAC eye liner in Handforged to go inside my waterline. This was a limited edition colour but Powersurge from MAC is quite similar but maybe slightly more on the bronze side.
- I used my Shu Uemera eyelash curlers of course and then used the L’oreal False Lash Architect Mascara but obviously you can used any mascara you want.
I thought this was a nice subtle look that you could play up with some more eye liner if you wanted to or keep it simple like this if you wanted to wear a red lip too.
What do you think? Will you be wearing a golden smoky eye for Christmas?